Friday, June 29, 2012

I Spy Friday featuring Taste of London 2012

But, before we get to the Taste, let me catch you up on a few other tidbits.  

Last weekend I attended a two-day bloggers conference called Brit Mums Live.  There were several wonderful speakers and I attended some very informative sessions on blogging.  I met up with a group of Expats who were just wonderful.  I learned a lot and made new friends.  But for some reason, this was the only picture that I took to share with you.  Go Figure. 


I've been having a reoccurring dream lately.  No, not about him.  It's about a huge, shiny, gorgeous, front-loading washer and dryer combo.  Why?  Because of this...  


Those are my freshly washed and dried jeans.  The little white box clothing torture chamber in the photo is the washer/dryer cooker combo that abused them into such a state.  Basically, it wads up your clothes and then heats them up to a thousand degrees.  It also eats sweaters (or "jumpers" as they call them here).  I've lost three so far this month (don't even get me started on why I'm still wearing sweaters in June).  It actually chews them as it heats them to nuclear temperatures.  This really deserves its own blog but I'm so aggravated that I can't even bother.  

But, check out this cutey pie.  


This is Winston from our local pub.  He is a French Bulldog (I think) and an incorrigible beggar.  But, how can you resist that face?!

Ah... visions of home.  


Love spotting things like this Mustang from the good ol' USA.  And look at the steering wheel!!!  It's on the correct side!!  I need a moment. 

Lastly, I will leave you with pictures from the Taste of London 2012.  It's an annual 4 day food festival at Regent's Park.  I was lucky enough to go twice.  Loved it!  

I won tickets for Thursday night from Club Gascon on Twitter.  I took a girlfriend and we spent a few hours exploring, eating and toasting... a much needed Girls Night Out.  I had my 3rd celebrity spotting when Wolfgang Puck strolled by in his white chefs coat.  TE and I returned on Sunday with the VIP tickets we purchased.  It was well worth it and such a fun day out in London.  



The VIP package included a terrific cookbook, champagne and entrance to a nice lounge when we needed to escape the crowds.  



Pulled pork and a Barbecoa Slider from Jamie Oliver's Barbecoa Restaurant's booth.  Nummy!!!


We had pretty good weather with just a few quick showers.  But the on and off rain had left the grounds a bit muddy.  They had plenty of walkways with purple carpets to help you avoid the mud.  


Or you could just embrace the mud and wear your wellies like this British Airways Flight Attendant. 


 She looks quite smart, doesn't she?


The Taste of Thailand area was a favorite stop.  


Please be aware that the Blue Diamond Almond Booth may contain almonds!!


"The drink's pure.  It's your mind that's the problem."  Seriously?
(It's an energy drink and actually tastes pretty good.  No comments from the peanut gallery.)

When we were there on Thursday the booth was empty.  Crickets.  But, the two of us decided to be brave and have a taste.  We were immediately followed by about a dozen other people who wanted a try.  Leave it to the two American girls to lead the way and break the ice.  


Maker's Mark AND Pabst Blue Ribbon?  Does it get much better?


I had to visit the Club Gascon booth to say "thank you" for the free tickets.  Their booth was always packed!    Check out this award winning menu...


 Duck and popcorn?  Who'd have thunk?

And take a look at this...


We are SO THERE!!

That's it for another edition of I Spy Friday.  Have a terrific weekend!!

xoxo
Selena 

Disclaimer:  I won the tickets from Club Gascon on a random twitter giveaway by retweeting.  There was no agreement that I'd mention them in a blog post.  In fact, I'm sure they have no idea I even have a blog. 

9 comments:

  1. Taste looks like such fun. I think I might give it a chance in December if it starts before I leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get tickets for December. I'm so looking forward to my first London Christmas! When are you leaving and for how long?

      Delete
  2. I'm really enjoying your blog. Your observations and photos! That washing machine is pure evil! Shame not to have bumped into you at Britmums.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and the sweet words :D It is a shame! There were so many great people there. What was your favorite session?

      Delete
  3. I went to Taste of London a couple of years back. Loved it!! Your photos made me want to go again!Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah,

      It was so much fun. We will definitely make it an annual thing. The Christmas one looks much smaller, but we're going to try it.

      I'm so looking forward to my first London Christmas!

      Thanks for stopping by!!

      xoxo
      Selena

      Delete
  4. I love food festivals like this back in the U.S., so I'll have to be on the lookout for one closer to us in Yorkshire!

    And, on the subject of the washer/dryer, the Brit's combined one broke right before I moved over last year (lucky me!). We now have a separate washer and condenser dryer (no tubes needed to let the steam out as it collects in a container you empty after every wash) and it is amazing! I'd highly recommend it. Granted the dryer is in the garage, but still, it actually dries clothes properly! Good luck with yours...how frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The British Airways attendant had the right idea wearing her Wellingtons it looks very muddy, I wonder if Wellingtons were part of her uniform they go very well with it.
    Julie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This further shows that Ambit Energy Network private student loans for people just isn't scam. Stick with it and build these referral relationships right. Or consider the way basics such as bread, milk, fresh vegetables and frozen foods are usually spread around the store, and have cashiers private student loans for people put coupon-bearing fliers announcing the site into every bag.

    Here is my web site; The Student Loan People

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting. I love to hear from you!